Face lift is also known as rhytidectomy, a cosmetic surgery that pulls the extra facial skin and makes you appear wrinkle free and more youthful. Most of the women prefer this procedure to reduce the appearance of their age lines. Most of the surgeries are performed successfully, but in some cases, a facelift fails which will bring fear in many people.
There are few pre and post operative tips that help you to avoid the side effects, which include:
Pre operative tips:
• It is very important to frequently attend pre-op consultants. It is the best time to clear all your doubts about the surgery. Make sure to inform the surgeon about what you are expecting from surgery so that certain expectations can be set.
• Next, the doctor will give you pre-operative instructions about what to do before going to have the surgery. It is important to follow these instructions to prevent risks and complications.
• It is better to stop smoking at least 1 month before having the surgery because smoking will hamper the process of healing and it may also affect the healing process of the wound. Avoid aspirin containing medicines, or ibuprofen before one week and after two weeks of the facelift surgery. Because this may cause excessive bleeding during surgery.
• Finally, for a comfortable recovery it is best to arrange the home. Clean the bedroom and place the essential items, such as medications and medical supplies within your reach. It is better to purchase all the medical supplies before the surgery. It is best to have another person who can take care of you, particularly during the first 2 days followed by the surgery.
• Undergoing facelift surgery is certainly needs an ample preparation to ensure a seamless surgery and recovery.
• You should not drink or eat after the midnight and the evening before the surgery unless your doctor has instructed.
Wound care: Keep your dressing dry and undamaged for several days followed by the facelift surgery. Consult your doctor if dressing gets removed.
Medications: Use pain medicines as directed by the surgeon. These medicines include: hydrocodone or vicodin. Vicodin contains Tylenol, so do not take over dosage of acetaminophen or Tylenol while taking vicodin. Do not drink alcohol or drive while taking medications for pain. Taking these medications along with food helps in minimizing the nausea that sometimes associated with the pain medications.
Diet: Move your diet from liquids to soft foods like French toast, pasta, oatmeal, yogurt, and soup. Add these foods to your regular diet.
Activity: Take rest for the whole day followed by the facelift surgery. Use two to three pillows to provide comfort for at least 1-2 weeks after the surgery.